PediaLyte Powder Packs quickly replace fluid and electrolytes lost during diarrhea and vomiting to help prevent dehydration when mixed with 8 fl oz of water. The benefit of using PediaLyte over straight electrolyte tablets, is that since the body has to work to digest and extract the nutrients that it desperately needs (sodium, potassium, calcium, glucose, etc.); with PediaLyte, these nutrients are already mostly broken down and the body doesn't need to work as hard, making this medication ideal for those patients who are dehydrated and cannot keep water (or foods) down.
• Reconstitute with water only.
In our experience, giving a "Dixie cup" worth of PediaLyte slowly over 20 minutes results in not only a noticeable vast improvement of the patient, but also they typically are able to keep it down.
Flavors: Assorted (sold individually)
• Mix one pack of Pedialyte Powder with 8 fl oz water. Stir to dissolve.
• Tastes best when served cold.
• For infants under 1 year of age: Consult your doctor.
• For children 1 year of age and older: Offer Pedialyte every 1 to 4 hours.
• To help maintain the proper hydration, give 4-8 servings per day for as long as diarrhea continues.
• If there is also vomiting or fever, or if diarrhea continues beyond 24 hours, consult your doctor.
• Store unused reconstituted product in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Do not store Powder Packs at extreme temperatures.
PEDIALYTE POWDER PACKS PROVIDE:
(PER PACK / 8 FL OZ RECONSTITUTED WITH WATER): Sodium, mEq: 10.6; Potassium, mEq: 4.7; Chloride, mEq: 8.3; Dextrose, g: 5.7; Energy, g: 23;